RULES AND REGULATIONS:
• All Drivers and Mechanics must obey the following set of rules and
regulations set up by the Promoter and Track Officials where the event
is being held.
• Drivers must have valid driver’s license and be 21 years of age OR
they must have a notarized minor’s release, signed by the parent or
• Minimum age limit is 15 years.
• Officials reserve the rights to accept or reject any and all applications.
• Adirondack International Speedway will not be held responsible for
any cars, parts, or personal property before, during or after the event
or over night. All cars must be off the grounds by 3:00pm on May 26th
or they will become property of the Adirondack International Speedway.
• NO DRINKING of alcoholic beverages by driver or crew during events.
The conduct of the driver or crew can disqualify the driver from the
• Entries: no more than 2 cars can be entered by one person in separate heats.
• Heat winners must run same vehicle in feature.
• Winning car of feature will be inspected after wards.
Any hardtop automobile or station wagon is allowed. NO trucks,
convertibles, jeeps, hearses, or limousines are allowed. No Imperials
are allowed. (Trucks SUV’s and vans allowed for truck feature)
• NO 4 wheel drive cars or trucks (they can be made into a 2 wheel drive)
• All dirt and loose pieces must be swept out of car. No tires, wheels, or metal parts etc. allowed in the car.
• Battery OR fuel tank can be inside of car but must be well secured
and covered. Gas line must be outside of car. Only 1 battery permitted.
Tank is limited to 5 gallons of gas.
• Tank material must not be less than 20 gauge and no heavier than 1/8
inch. NO 5 gallon gas cans or similar cans will be allowed UNLESS they
are made of material of at least 20 gauges. ANY TANK OR BATTERY
POSITIONING IN QUESTION WILL BE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE OFFICIALS
ONLY. Stay in the above guidelines.
• NO special bumpers or any reinforcements will be allowed.
• Roll over bars are allowed but not required.
• Windshields may be in or out. All other glass will be removed: side
windows, rear windows, head and tail lights, side markers.
• All moldings must be removed, any sharp Fins protruding must be cut off or mashed down.
• Rear seat lower cushions can be removed however rear set back must remain.
• Radiators must be in their original position or they can be removed,
the fan may also be removed. No water tanks allowed.
Hood changes: one of the following 2 changes must be used. 1) locks,
catches and springs can remain intact if 8 – 10 inch square or diameter
hold is cut over the top of the carburetor; 2) or the removal of the
locks, catches and springs and install a chain that the hood can be
lifted 4 - 6 inches in case of fire.
• Hoods, trunk lids, tail gates cannot be welded because of inspection.
After inspection, trunk lids and tail gates may be wired, bolted or
chained down, the hood changes are stated above.
• All doors must be fastened shut by wire, straps, chains or welded for driver’s safety.
• Engines may be chained down, fenders may be cut for wheel clearance only as well as bumper ends.
• No obscene language to be written on cars.
• Cars must be able to be turned off with key or on-off switch.
• All radiators must have water, no antifreeze allowed.
• Driver’s door must be painted white. White cars must have orange driver’s doors.
• Print driver’s name on roof above door on each side of car.
• Cars must have stock suspension and must be level and stock height.
Reinforcements are only permitted inside the driver's compartment for
safety. A single hoop roll bar with a maximum of two points of
contact or a door-to-door bar located no lower than center of the
drivers seat is permitted. Reinforcements cannot be secured to
TRUCKS: bumper height must be 25" on center (must be with-in stock adjustments, no modifications)
TRUCK, VAN, and SUV heats will be divided by size based on number of entries
Running and Event Safety:
• Safety belts and DOT approved helmet are required.
• NO DELIBERATE head on collisions or hitting the driver’s door.
• A vehicle will be disqualified if the driver’s door comes open OR if the gas tank ruptures.
• A 1 minute limit will be enforced by track officials; competitive
contact must be made within this time period or the car in questions
will be considered “sand-bagging”
• Any questions arising at an event not covered in these rules and
regulations will be decided at the event by the officials. Car removal
will be explained at the pit meeting.
• All drivers must have eye protection. All drivers must wear goggles or face shields.
• All cars must be signed in 1 hour before show time.
• Best appearing car will receive $50 and one AIS family pass.